Head Architect, DevOps
The vision for the MassMutual enterprise architecture team is to build an industry leading EA function that creates alignment between technology and business strategy by guiding the process of planning and designing capabilities to maximize the value of IT and enable the company to make high impact, long term decisions. This will be accomplished through architecture strategies, blueprints and road maps that standardize technology stacks and create engineering speed and agility through the innovative use of data science, data analytics, cloud and API’s.
The Head Architect, DevOPs will lead a team responsible for defining and maintaining MassMutual's reference architectures, standards, patterns and tools for CI/CD pipelines and application operations . This role will also be responsible for DevOps architecture road maps and solution architecture guidance aligning development efforts to key technology strategies for cloud, data, devops and security. The head of devops architecture will also be responsible for evaluating and benchmarking new technologies, drafting technical standards and publishing architectural artifacts enabling MassMutual to make high impact, long term decisions. This is a critical strategic architecture role to help drive digital transformation and create a competitive advantage for the company
- Technical evaluations and benchmarking of core infrastructure technologies including CI/CD, logging, monitoring and application operations tools and technologies
- Specification and publication of standards around DevOps and application operations
- Guidelines for application resiliency, recoverability and disaster recovery
- Thought leadership and active participation in conferences and research with strategic partners and academic institutions
- Define the technical platform strategy for enterprise DevOps initiatives
- Partner with SRE platform, product delivery and application operations teams
- Define DevOps strategies and approaches to advance enterprise initiatives
- Provide recommendations on system options, risks, cost/benefit analysis, and impact on cross-domain systems, business strategy, goals and processes.
- Partner with other enterprise architecture, business, and IT support teams to communicate, and collaborate on architecture strategies, standards, and direction.
- 5+ years experience with DevOps tools and practices
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to project development teams or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities
- Track record of designing architectural reference material
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to technical teams
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field required (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred)