Full-stack/Front-end Software Engineer at PathAI (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
PathAI’s team, composed of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact on the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer. We're looking for skilled and experienced software engineers to join our team and help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform. We believe in using the best tool for the job.
In this role you would be working to solve interesting problems with code and drive the architecture of our application platform, which has processed thousands of slides in production. You will collaborate with product, design, machine learning, and infrastructure teams to enhance our platforms, enabling them to meet the needs of new biomedical and clinical applications while understanding the needs of the customer while considering long and short term solutions.
You will help grow our teams and have an active role in our future product roadmap. Here are some examples of recent projects our engineering team has taken on.
- Collaboration across multiple engineering teams to build a set of core libraries that enable complex pathology workflows in our platforms and reduce technical debt.
- Fine tuning of our web-based digital slide viewer, adding stability by utilizing typescript as well as cypress for end to end testing.
What you'll do:
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to solve problems in sustainable ways. Sometimes you'll be neck-deep in low-level systems, and other times you'll be improving the user interface.
- Drive the architecture of our application platform, considering the team and our future product roadmap.
- Help grow our teams and have an active role in our future product roadmap.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
What you'll need:
- Experience. You've had 5+ years of relevant work in this field. Our tools currently include Python, Django, PostgresQL and VueJS, and we are able to onboard engineers onto these if they have not worked on them directly.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
We offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package including the following:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized child care per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.