Full Stack Software Engineer - Customer Platforms at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our Customer Platforms Team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate would enjoy building scalable web applications in the cloud using the latest technologies. We are looking for a self-starter to work on Customer Service focused applications across the entire stack. This energetic individual will partner with both technical and business teams on multiple initiatives and collaborate to deliver new features and enhancements.
What You'll Do:
- You will have responsibility over major components of Chewy’s architecture – both development and operational needs. You will be the go-to engineer for your part of the platform.
- Act in the capacity of a software engineer to actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing and implementation of software functionality using the Agile methodology
- Create or modify complex programs, modules, routines, scripts and data objects from a detailed design where efficiency, performance and reliability are critical
- Work with and advise both business and technology teams (internal and external) on how best to implement desired features and enhancements
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are scalable under sustained load
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate to identify, isolate and resolve malfunctions related to software
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Conduct design and code reviews and raise the bar on engineering rigor and standard
- Debug production issues across services and tech stack
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services
- You will participate in setting guidelines for evolving development practices
- You will be willing to pick up new technologies and participate in all aspects of the software development – frontend, backend & infrastructure as code
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years working proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis, object-oriented design, data structures, System Design.
- Minimum 3 years of software development in Java8, Spring Boot, Hibernate stack.
- 3+ years of experience working with REST based web services (HTTP, REST)
- Strong analytical abilities and a strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at a given time
- Must be team oriented and have a customer service mindset
- Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting
- Results oriented and adaptable
- Experience with configuration and deployment management via Terraform or Ansible
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Experience in e-commerce/ retail
- Experience with OpenAPI, Swagger, or stoplight.io
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]