NewStore is the essential omnichannel store solution for global brands. The company delivers Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the first platform combining POS, order management, clienteling, and inventory. Store operations from endless aisle to mobile checkout to fulfillment are possible with just two remarkably intuitive iPhone apps. NewStore customers include brands such as Burton Snowboards, Decathlon, GANNI, Goorin Bros, Outdoor Voices, and UNTUCKit. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.About the Job
When joining NewStore you'll integrate in an agile environment, and be responsible for developing end-to-end solutions within your team.
We're looking for an entry to mid level full-stack engineer, focused on frontend, to help us build and maintain our application. You'll be working on a small team (up to 5 engineers), with product and design to build features that are used by our customers, contractors, and internal domain teams. You will be part of a frontend platform team who's main stakeholders are internal teams. You will be building and maintaining a frontend platform that hosts plugins, widgets, microfrontends of other teams. This is the very beginning of the project, you will be playing a crucial part in designing and architecting it. The engineering department is extremely collaborative. Engineers are empowered to make their own decisions, and propose solutions to the challenges facing our stakeholders. We use a standard 2 week sprint process, and regularly look for ways to improve our process via retrospectives.
We have a cutting-edge microservice architecture and use the following technologies: Python, Golang, Linux, Docker, RabbitMQ, nginx, Amazon AWS, REST-ful APIs, ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3, git, SQL (PostgreSQL), Scrum/Kanban.
What we expect:
- Embrace the devOps culture by owning, operating and maintaining your systems end to end.
- Build and maintain features in our application using Go, Python, React.
- Work closely with the product and design team to identify optimal solutions to customer needs
- 1+ years experience building web applications in a professional environment
- Demonstrable aptitude with React or another modern front end framework
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Eagerness to learn and to share your knowledge
- Good problem solving and debugging ability
Nice to Have:
- Experience in building e-commerce systems
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Contributions to open-source projects
Questions? We'd love to hear from you!