Full Stack Engineer - Data Plus Math at LiveRamp
LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help build DPM's next generation web services as well as several upcoming internal tooling applications. You will be a key partner of our data science, operations, backend and product teams working with them to address customer needs. If you are passionate about building data-intensive applications, we'd like to hear from you.
- Design, create and maintain RESTful backends to a petabyte-scale platform
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud agnostic technologies.
- Design and developing APIs
- Design and develop test automation scripts
- Develop front ends for internal tools
- See through projects from conception to finished product
Your team will:
Be responsible for building and expanding our back end infrastructure and testing frameworks. They understand the key principles that influence the design of large-scale distributed systems: availability, performance, reliability, scalability, manageability and cost. They design and build automation frameworks leveraged by the rest of the engineering and data science teams.
- Experience with object-oriented/object-functional scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Understanding of DevOps and testing automation best practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to think outside the box
- Clean coding habits, attention to detail, a focus on quality, and a willingness to refactor any code that doesn't meet those standards
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Experience using object-relational mapping (ORM) frameworks
- A desire to solve business problems with technology.
- Great communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional character
- Interest, willingness and demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technology quickly
- A self-starter who brings energy, passion, and creativity to work every day
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, remote work opportunities, and paid parental leave.
- Stock: every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Commuter Subsidy: $75 per month to be used toward commuter cards, monthly parking, rideshare pools, or metro/bus passes.
- Location: work in the heart of Boston
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across eight countries and four continents.LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.