Front End Web Developer at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As a Front-End Web Developer you will have an opportunity to develop interactive web experiences, build and expand on the Toast Marketing web properties, and assist in conversion rate optimization of our sales funnel. The ideal candidate will have experience building interactive web pages using tools like Three.js, GSAP, D3.js, or others; have an understanding of web development in a PHP-based CMS, and possess strong communication in order to be able to effectively deliver on cross-team marketing initiatives.
While it is critically important to understand the “how” as a front-end developer on the marketing team, it is equally important to understand the “why” behind the projects you will be working on. You’re a perfect fit for this role if you are a detail-oriented problem solver, who can work and contribute to the marketing team not only as a developer, but as a resource to help provide feedback and insights into how we meet and exceed our team goals.
About the Roll*
- Develop, test, and deliver clean, production-ready code
- Ensure technical feasibility of UX/UI designs
- Build abstract modules/widgets for cross site implementation
- Build and maintain a clean and lightweight code repository for all production code
- Be a confident developer, excited by learning new technologies
- Collaborate with project managers, web team members, and other Toast stakeholders as required
- Be able to effectively communicate ideas and goals to non-technical stakeholders for any given project
Do you have the right ingredients?
- HTML5 & CSS3 – Some experience coding designs and layouts to a high standard, using media queries, and building robust layouts that work across devices and all major browsers
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- CMS Experience – having integrated website designs with a CMS on at least 5 previous projects
- PHP – the ability to write custom functions, include files, grab get/post variables and manipulate form data. (Ability to produce clean, object-oriented code a bonus.)
- Knowledge and experience using AB Testing and personalization tools (i.e. Google Optimize, Evergage, etc.)
- Strong understanding of web application security principles and best practices
- Strong knowledge of git, and an understanding of code repository best practices
- Ability to accurately estimate the time required for a project and keep to timelines
Nice to Haves
- Craft CMS development
- SVG vector graphics
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks such as Yii/CodeIgniter/Symfony/Laravel
- Understanding of REST API usage best practices
- Search engine optimization (SEO) basics