Front End Software Engineer at Cantina
Required Skills: React.js or modern Angular.
Desirable Skills: Node.js, RxJS, MongoDB, MySQL or Postgres, AWS Lambda, Firebase Cloud Functions
Here’s what we’re about. Cantina is an award-winning strategic design and development agency based in Boston with expertise in digital design, mobile app and web development, IoT, connected devices, and experience strategy. We work with companies in all major industry sectors ranging from the Fortune 500 to high growth startups. Our clients include some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, and we are actively exploring and doing work in a variety of exciting areas including health & wellness, financial services, sports tech, machine learning and AR & VR. At our core, we are a team of creators, innovators, builders, designers, engineers, and strategists who love what we do. We are committed to designing and building experiences that truly matter and that enhance the human experience.
What are you about? You should be a passionate full stack developer with a broad range of technical and consulting skills. You create quality software at a brisk but maintainable pace while following best practices. You can interact with a variety of stakeholders on strategic, high-impact projects. You enjoy working within small, tight-knit teams of diverse contributors. You prefer to use “the right tool for the right job,” and are excited by the opportunity to acquire new skills. Your craft is software engineering, and no one language or framework defines you.
- 2-3+ years in software development
- Strong foundational knowledge of web, mobile and connected technologies
- Ready and willing to ramp up on the right tool for the job
- Be motivated to work independently and over deliver
- Know how to identify project issues
- Github with relevant projects to showcase
- Open source contributions
- Backend / web service experience expertise
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Eligible for target bonus of up to 20% of base salary
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision, and disability
- Optional company-paid mobile phone plan
- Company-paid bike share program
- Flexible work arrangements (such as work from home days) available upon request
- Paid parental leave for up to six (6) weeks
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to twenty (20) days per year
- Convenient downtown Boston location
- Snacks, refreshments, coffee, tea, and more in the office