Front End Software Engineer, Transport at Indigo
We’re an international agtech startup aspiring to revolutionize a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the people who make up our community and enable success through the diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game-changers.Description:
As a Front End Software Engineer on the Transport team, you’ll develop responsive web applications that integrate with a rich ecosystem of services to power our Transport Platform.
The Indigo Transport platform streamlines the logistics for dry bulk shipping operations through digital fleet management, real-time delivery tracking, document management and more. Our freight marketplace delivers a seamless experience for shippers and carriers to optimally tender and match loads. Indigo Transport provides the tools necessary for farmers to increase their profitability by gaining access to a wider geography of buyers.
Your expertise in interface design and software architecture will help us deliver a world-class front-end for our Transport product to help our shippers and carriers operate more efficiently and reliably.Responsibilities:
- Design and implement performant web applications using a modern web stack consisting of Python, Flask, TypeScript, React, and PostgreSQL hosted on AWS
- Build user-facing features for our suite of applications by implementing React Components in Typescript and integrating with REST APIs
- Contribute to our internal tools and libraries, looking to leverage shared components, design patterns, and infrastructure wherever possible
- Ensure that all APIs and applications are adequately tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, and front-end engineers to spec, build, test, and deploy high quality code
- Willingness to debug problems across the stack, such as networking issues, performance problems, or memory leaks
- Review code, have your code reviewed, and learn from other engineers
- You’ve been building front-end web applications professionally for 2+ years.
- You’re able to research, propose, and evangelize new technologies or software patterns to improve the software ecosystem.
- You’re a strong communicator. You can convey technical concepts and trade-offs to both engineering and business audiences.
- You know how to communicate in a remote-first environment
- You have prior experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You bring a positive attitude, self awareness, and a sense of humor.
- You are a perpetual learner and passionate about technology.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Benefits:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan