Front End Software Engineer, Market+ Insights at Indigo (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.Description:
As a Front End Software Engineer on the Market+ Insights team, you will collaborate with product managers, designers, software engineers, and data scientists to craft innovative and data-driven insights that will enable our Market+ buyers and growers to make better decisions. You will build engaging user interfaces leveraging maps, charts, and other data visualizations; learn from peers, and ship features that delight our users.As a Front End Software Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, front and back end engineers, and data scientists to spec, build, test and deploy high quality features.
- Contribute to our internal data visualization tooling.
- Promote thoughtful system design patterns, writing and refactoring code with reusability and organizational maintainability in mind.
- Review code, receive code reviews, and learn from other engineers.
- You’re an engineer with experience building responsive web apps using React, Typescript, and Next.js.
- You have experience building data visualizations for the web using Mapbox GL, Highcharts, or similar tools.
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility.
- You appreciate engaging and usable design, and sweat the details.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, and documented code that others can understand.
- You're a team player, comfortable collaborating within and across teams around implementation decisions.
- You’re user-centric and mindful of the context of your work.
- You bring a positive attitude and take pride in your work.
- You care about Indigo’s mission to leverage nature and technology to unlock economic and environmental progress in agriculture.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Benefits:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- 401(k) Plan