Front End Platform Engineer at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is growing by leaps and bounds; as a result, we’ve recently established our Frontend Platform team!
The Frontend Platform team focuses on enabling every engineer at Klaviyo to write, test, and deploy frontend code as efficiently and easily as possible. While other teams are focused on shipping specific product features to Klaviyo customers, we focus on the underlying infrastructure they use and frontend problems that impact Klaviyo as a whole. We’re responsible for a central component library, custom Webpack + Babel configs, our Jenkins CI/CD pipeline, application monitoring and profiling, utility libraries, and more!
This is a unique opportunity with personal and leadership growth opportunities. You’ll learn about how frontends are built at scale and help define how an entire company writes, tests, and deploys frontend code.How you will make a difference:
- Design, build, and maintain a robust frontend system. The code you write will help empower an organization of 100+ engineers (and counting) ship frontend changes faster and more safely.
- Tackle complex frontend challenges that affect the product as a whole. We focus on problems like accessibility, internationalization, best practices for state management, and so much more.
- Mentor the engineering team at large on how to write frontend code effectively.
- 2+ years of professional experience with React.
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, and general web best practices.
- Comfortable working across different parts of a large codebase.
- Highly collaborative and communicative.
- You bring your very best each and every day.
- Working with a component library. Even better if you were part of writing a custom one.
- Experience with custom frontend build systems + tooling (e.g. Webpack, Babel, TypeScript, ESLint, Jest, Jenkins, CDNs, etc.).
- Developing application APIs (e.g. REST, GraphQL, JSON Schema, or JSON:API, etc).
- Having established best practices in how a company writes, tests, and deploys frontend code.
- Constantly thinking about frontend performance. If shaving kilobytes off a JS bundle or fixing wasted renders sounds appealing, we want to hear from you.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.