Front End Engineer II
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for an experienced senior engineer who can help us grow and scale a modern front-end stack while contributing to the development of features and infrastructure. You will be working on software that thousands of diners use to order food every day. We need talented engineers to build and maintain the highest quality product as our vision moves forward.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Consumer team, you will:
- Drive impact in our Online Ordering product
- Be part of a team working with Design, Product and other engineers building web applications
- Be a force multiplier for the individuals on your team and promote leadership behaviors across the broader group
- Define best practices and help develop how your team delivers impact
- Mentor other engineers to be effective on the front-end stack
- Give design feedback and review PRs for the rest of the team
- Ship code that has a massive impact on diners
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Has 5+ years experience building complex, modern web applications
- Understands web standards and best practices
- Wants to work on experiences that change consumer behavior
- Takes pride in mentoring other developers
- Loves working with a team of awesome, collaborative co-workers
- Likes to get involved in deciding what gets built to solve for the customer and the company
Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. The front-end is moving to a new stack using React, Redux, ES6 and Webpack. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing.