Front End Developer at MassMutual
Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. The Boston engineering group within Haven Life is located near South Station in the Leather District, and our team is focused on the mission of providing helpful financial products to mid-market and underserved customers. In case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks, and enthusiastic ping pong competition too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
You will be joining a small, newly-formed technology team as one of the main developers responsible for our advanced online financial services application. Your job will require you to work with the product management teams, business analysts, your fellow technology team members, and QA resources. In some cases, you will also be working closely with marketing to support customer acquisition efforts requiring technology resources such as blogs, landing pages, or campaign needs.
These are essential to success in this role:
- 2+ years experience developing web-based applications in production environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Thorough understanding of CSS/HTML and modern page layout techniques
- Experience working with designers cutting up layouts to implement pixel perfect pages
- Experience with responsive layout and design, preferably with Bootstrap framework
- Familiarity with website optimization techniques
- Strong visual design sense and appreciation for development with a client experience focus
- Clear communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to work effectively with marketing teams
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Must be able to work full-time from our Boston office
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- 2-4+ years of experience preferred
- Single-page app experience (e.g. Angular, Ember, etc).
- Some experience with an MVC framework like Angular, Backbone, Ember, etc.
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Experience with social media interfaces and related analytical tools
- Familiarity with SEO and how it affects implementation
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.