We are building a world-class team of Application Engineers (AE) that represent the face of Markforged. If you are mechanically inclined, enjoy a new challenge every day, engineering minded, and thrive in a customer facing environment, you will want to join our Application Engineering team.
The Applications Engineer works at the intersection of engineering, sales, and customer service. The AE is a blend of an expert problem solver, technology consultant, teacher, and business developer. This position works in close collaboration with our commercial team, identifying and validating technical solutions, educating customers, and enabling our channel sales partners to excel. Drive increased value for our customers and help Markforged spread adoption of the Digital Forge.
What will you own?
- Gain expert technical knowledge and proficiency for Markforged products, applications, and the additive manufacturing industry in general. Leverage this expertise to generate innovative ideas for better utilization of our printers with our customers and partners.
- Presales technical training for customers. Technical enablement for in-territory resellers and partners.
- Provide sales support, solve printing/design challenges and tailor to unique applications.
- Provide industry content for marketing collateral and feedback for product roadmapping
- Conduct product demonstrations, sales presentations, maintain presence at trade shows and industrial events.
- Support internal teams (sales, support, engineering, product, etc).
- Proactively pursue strategic initiatives.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 4+ years of experience in engineering/manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience in customer facing role or MBA
- Demonstrated project management abilities
- Demonstrated capability for teaching and/or public speaking
- CAD experience
- Motivation and time management skills suitable for a remote work environment
- Willingness to travel up to 75%