Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions to provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank's vaccination policy; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
Position Contributions -
The Business Automation Engineer will contribute to the FedNow service and support the operational teams by developing automation that streamlines the day-to-day operations of FedNow. The Automation Engineer will work closely with operational teams to identify pain points, and will partner with Product and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to determine which operational pain points will be addressed via product updates in the near term vs. those in scope for operations to address.
What will be expected of you: -
- Laser focus on a world class, end-to-end customer experience
- Participate in agile activities (Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Review)
- Solution agnostic approach to automation; all options on the table
- Actively support and promote Continual Service Improvement (CSI) for FedNow
- Flexibility to support a growing organization through multiple roles
Expertise you would bring -
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years relevant work experience; or 10+ years relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of command line based operating systems (linux command line, windows command line, etc.)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Python & Powershell preferred)
- Experience with multiple methods of automating within a large enterprise (custom development, RPA, Workflow Automation, ticketing & monitoring tools, etc.)
- Direct experience in the deployment of ServiceNow, Salesforce, Dynatrace, or similar tools within a large enterprise
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to quickly gather, analyze and synthesize information
- Initiative and innovation toward improving customer experience leveraging the scientific method
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work in an office environment and/or remotely as applicable
- Experience with agile software tools such as Octane, Jira, VersionOne, Trello, Confluence
It's added value if you have-
- Experience working with payments systems (preferred)
- Familiarity with ISO20022 messages
- ITIL certification
- Experience consuming REST APIs from within a scripting language
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.