Are you interested in working with the world’s leading Application Performance Management (APM) solution? In this role, you’ll work directly with several Dynatrace departments and our customers to design, develop and support extensions for our award-winning APM solutions. You’ll represent Dynatrace as an expert in the practice of application performance management, providing customers with the means to extend the Dynatrace Platform along their digital transformation journeys. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new technologies while using your existing knowledge of application integrations.
This is an architect level position, requiring more than just product knowledge and expertise. Ideally you have years of experience running integration engagements, from planning the architecture, to developing the implementation. You are also a natural problem solver who likes a variety of challenges while working in complex environments. It helps to be personable and outgoing because you’ll be right in the middle of things, having regular interactions with developers, architects, sales engineers, product management and consultants. Your strong technical background, combined with your ability to communicate clearly, credibly, and confidently, will make you the direct cause of “wow!” experiences at our customers. You will be part of a global team of experts and architects, reporting to a director based in Europe. This is a remote role, but with some traveling.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on techniques and best practices for extending Dynatrace, combining product expertise with your skills and knowledge
- Consult with customers to understand, and then meet, their business and technical goals
- Develop, and support, integrations with 3rd party tools and devices to extend the footprint of Dynatrace
- Work with customers to provide information on how to best incorporate the Dynatrace product into non-out-of-the-box supported environments
- Participate in project scoping and integration architectural deployment design
- Partner with the sales team as needed in presales technical sessions
- Recommend complementary Dynatrace products or product features to meet customer goals
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information
- Systems, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years hands-on design and programming experience in an object-oriented language, preferably Python
- 4+ years of consulting experience, preferably with APM tools
- Strong architectural understanding of either the JEE or .NET platform and how it
- works, and a self-directed willingness to learn about other platforms and “new stack”
- Clear understanding of highly distributed applications and how they interconnect and communicate, from the browser or mobile app, through the cloud,
- CDNs, and third parties, into the data center, and through to the back end
- Ability to have meaningful discussions around technical concepts such as object-oriented
- fundamentals, web application infrastructure, memory management and
- GC, threading, frameworks, design patterns, exception handling, messaging,
- reflection, aspect-oriented programming, dependency injection, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization via charts and dashboards,
- including appropriate use of granular and aggregate data
- High technical comfort with Windows administration, and with Linux/UNIX
- command line
- High technical comfort creating and maintaining personal virtual machines
- (Windows and Linux guest OSes)
- Experience with, and understanding of, Docker for personal test environments
- Inherent and proven problem-solving nature, with an engaged, self-motivated,
- can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with people from the development labs to the executive offices
- Comfortable taking educated risks as warranted
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous Dynatrace experience, or experience with another APM tool
- A broad experience with network devices, databases and messaging systems
- Ability to write or contribute to technical white papers and blogs
- Extensive knowledge of Python
We take our Employer Brand and internal culture seriously. So much so, we are consistently recognized by reputable companies and brands like Business Insider, USA Today and Forbes. This year so far, Dynatrace scored a seat on Comparably’s award lists for Best Company Outlook, Best Company Global Culture, and Best Places to Work in Boston, to name a few. Dynatrace was also honored in the coveted Top Workplaces USA list in 2021. And we we’re proud to be recognized on BuiltIn Boston’s 2021 Best Large Companies to Work For and Best Paying Companies. We’ve got it made—won’t you join the #DynatraceLife?
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. That’s why many of the world’s largest enterprises trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact [email protected]
Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement. To be considered for this position, please upload your resume/CV.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.