Engineering Manager at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Tremendous business growth has spurred a need for significant investment in Toast's platform teams. The “Scale” team takes on some of Toast’s more complex and interesting challenges, such as:
- Designing, building and maintaining critical persistence infrastructure - sharded databases, highly available message busses
- Designing, building and maintaining critical routing infrastructure - edge gateway, service mesh control plane, and routing sidecars
- Developing and evangelizing shared libraries and best practices to improve scalability, observability, and reliability of all Toast systems
- Consulting with teams, to improve product scalability, observability, and reliability
- Participating in outage response and root cause analysis for critical systems and infrastructure
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Enable one or two teams to continue performing at a high level
- Create and drive strategic organization-wide scalability, observability, and reliability initiatives
- Guide teams to build systems that will enable Toast to scale to its next order of magnitude of growth
- Facilitate individual growth by mentoring engineers and team leads
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience managing a team or experience as a team lead
- Experience leading complex engineering projects
- Interest or experience in distributed systems
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.