Engineering Manager - Security Operations
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in cloud management. We are the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud, and are used by customers and partners to manage costs, security, governance and service automation in public and private clouds. Our customers are among the largest consumers of public cloud infrastructure in the world, and depend on us every day to help manage the complexity that comes with large scale adoption of the cloud. We are searching for a self-motivated and driven security engineering manager who is passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about driving customer value and innovation in a fast moving emerging market. As a Manager of Security Engineering, you’ll have the opportunity to make significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and people as we work together to solve some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
You will be focusing on the following areas for information security:
- Vulnerability scans.
- Coordinating penetration tests.
- Managing existing security tools - ThreatStack, SumoLogic, CloudHealth.
- Infrastructure and Operations.
- Advise DevOps teams on infrastructure and operations security best practices.
- Review implementation details.
- Advise development teams on application security best practices
- Review implementation details from a security perspective
- Identify application security related issues and work with product organization on resolving them
- Perform security and licensing analysis for third-party libraries and code
5-7 years as a software development/security/DevOps engineer.
Proven expertise in agile development.
Experience delivering SaaS applications.
Hands on experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery methods and practices.
Deep understanding of cloud computing principles and practices.
Experience in delivering highly scalable products.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
We're already intrigued, but would love experience with:
Public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google).
IT management, including monitoring, asset management, capacity planning and/or cloud management.