- You’ll enable the teams you work with to deliver value to our customers through high quality software. You will lead by example and demonstrate to your team how to develop high quality designs and code by doing a significant amount of design and coding yourself. You will drive the technical management for your product area.
- Your typical day will include one-on-ones with direct reports, coaching Agile teams through sprint cycle stages, reviewing pull requests, and writing code for tasks and stories assigned to you. You’ll engage in recruiting activities with the rest of Engineering management.
- You’ll provide technical design and architectural guidance to your team with an eye toward stability, scalability, performance, high-availability, security, and cost optimization of solutions. You’ll contribute to sprint commitments in addition to your managerial responsibilities.
- You’ll work with Product to set the technical plans and execution for your product area. You’ll connect this to Kyruus’ business priorities. You’ll help figure out risks, trade-offs, and timelines.
- You’ll know the customer commits, product roadmap, and SLAs for your area backwards and forwards. You’ll track metrics, identify blockers to overall team effectiveness, and recommend process improvements.
- You’ll partner with Product and peers to set expectations and build confidence, predictability, and accountability on the team.
- You’ll recruit, hire, coach, and develop amazing software engineers and be an active advocate for your team. You’ll ensure your engineers are keeping our product development principles (affectionately known as MAGIC5) front and center as we build amazing products. You’ll report to the Director, Engineering in the Scheduling Department within the R&D - Engineering division.
Respect: How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 5+ years of experience in software engineering and programming, and at least 2 of the years as a manager to:
- Write high quality code reliably and on time for our roadmap and customer commitments.
- Negotiate and identify priorities, trade-offs, and timelines for your product area.
- Measure and improve Engineering performance.
- Leverage your team to get things done, get them done well, and celebrate them when they do.
- Connect business goals to the goals of each of your direct reports
- Create an inclusive environment where your direct reports and peers feel motivated to succeed.
Empowerment: How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding & Where You'll Go From Here
- You and your team commit quality code reliably and on time to achieve roadmap goals and customer commitments.
- Your team is engaged, productive, and executes on tasks with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- You are able to identify and provide technical mentorship to team members to help them develop into technically competent and well-rounded engineers.
- Help your team develop simple and pragmatic solutions to complex technical problems and customer workflows.
- Kyruuvians in the Manager, Engineering role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - continuing in management or becoming an individual contributor. From here, you can either become a Senior Manager, Engineering (overseeing a larger team) or a Principal Software Engineer I (high output, hands-on-keyboard).
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.