Engineering Manager - Quality at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:11 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 11, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
As an Engineering Manager of Quality, you will be in a unique position to define, develop and drive quality standards, processes, and policies across the Technology department. At Thrasio we believe that quality is needed throughout the delivery lifecycle and our Engineering Manager of Quality will play a key role in helping us to make that a reality. Join our technology team and help us take the next steps toward building a world-class quality organization!
What You'll Do:
- Help to define, develop and drive quality standards, processes, and policies
- Champion Agile development practices to create meaningful technical solutions
- Provide technical leadership throughout the development life cycle with a focus on the delivery of quality solutions
- Lead quality related discussions and build consensus among engineering teams
- Build relationships across technology to help create strategies that enable the teams to work together towards quality goals
- Define and drive creative approaches to software testing that accelerate software development
- Manage a tracking and reporting strategy for quality issues
- Partner with leaders to cultivate a culture of quality within the cross-functional teams
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality work and adapt to new challenges
What You Bring to the Party:
- 4+ years of experience leading Quality Engineering teams
- 2+ years experience with SQL
- Experience leading in an Agile environment
- Experience helping large, fast-growing software product organizations reach their quality goals
Nice to Have, but Not Required:
- Experience working as an Automation Engineer
- Experience with data analytics or data engineering
- Experience working for a company specializing in e-commerce or finance & acquisitions
- Experience working with a high-growth startup environment
Not sure you check every box?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.