NewStore is the essential omnichannel store solution for global brands. The company delivers Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the first platform combining POS, order management, clienteling, and inventory. Store operations from endless aisle to mobile checkout to fulfillment are possible with just two remarkably intuitive iPhone apps. NewStore customers include brands such as Burton Snowboards, Decathlon, GANNI, Goorin Bros, Outdoor Voices, and UNTUCKit. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.About the Job
We are seeking a talented & passionate Engineering Manager who enjoys building software. You will take care of the team that is responsible for the key checkout process inside the NewStore Platform. You will be responsible for each sale that happens in a shop, remotely, or via self-checkout.
We are looking for people who value personal & professional growth. Engineers who care passionately when things don't work for customers. Those who hear that something is impossible and do it anyway. Those who when they have made a mistake and proudly wear what they have learned from that experience as a badge of honor. We want people that can look at a problem from a holistic perspective, who believes that sharing knowledge with others is the best way to get ahead, and someone who boldly goes where no man has gone before and is not afraid to ask difficult questions.
We are looking for a candidate
- with a strong technical background who had the experience of managing a team of at least 5 engineers;
- who is working in Agile way by leveraging incremental delivery and a short feedback loop;
- who helped others to grow by leveraging mentoring & coaching (even outside of his/her organization);
- who promoted knowledge sharing culture inside the team and wider organization;
- who enjoys working closely with users & 3rd party service providers;
- who is passionate to build technical products users love to use;
- who still likes to be hands-on to write clean code;
- who feels strong in various areas: architecture, operations, infrastructure & security;
- who is polyglot and worked with various programming languages (we are mostly using GoLang, TypeScript & Python);
- who is preferably an AWS practitioner (or has experience with other cloud providers)
Your responsibilities at NewStore
You will leverage your leadership skills to build an empowered & highly efficient engineering team and ensure the technical
& operational excellence of the software team builds so our customers are getting the best product & service.
What we offer
- Constant personal & professional growth that is supported by interesting challenges, regular feedback, coaching & mentoring
- An innovative product that is expanding worldwide
- A strong leadership team that has created many successful products
- An empowerment environment
- A diverse, inclusive and international work environment that values soft skills as much as hard skills
- A culture of openness and trust, where you appreciate your team and actively contribute on making each other better
- A competitive salary
- Resources for self-development: yearly budget for training, congresses and other activities that would propel your professional growth
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
Questions? We'd love to hear from you!