Engineering Manager, Financial Enablement at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
If you are passionate and have experience building and growing high performing teams, while remaining committed to your technical craft, this might be the position for you. You choose to succeed (and fail) through others as opposed to relying on your own accomplishments.
What you’ll do:
- Build, lead, and mentor a talented team of engineers to execute on projects supporting the financial processing of all of our orders per week that can scale as we propel the business even higher into the stratosphere.
- Build industry leading web applications in Ruby on Rails, React, and GraphQL
- Collaborate with equally talented peers, helping to scale our organization 2-3x, again and again
- Improve team/process performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature)
- Nurture our collaborative and autonomous development culture
- Take on exciting scaling challenges
- A passion for building and growing high performing teams. Prior management experience is not required, however a passion for inspiring and leading others is.
- Extensive service oriented architecture (SOA) experience. We hope you acquired that building and integrating financial applications in the past.
- Strong working knowledge of modern server-side and client-side frameworks. Ruby, Rails, GraphQL and React would be a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.