Engineering Manager, CENTRE
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
As a leader within the engineering organization you'll drive the work of the team responsible for implementation of a crypto-currency, and its integration with a wide range of fiat payment systems, trading infrastructure and back-office applications.
What you'll work on
- Coordinate design, development, testing and deployment of smart contracts on the blockchain
- Run day-to-day activities of a dynamic engineering team, including requirements grooming, scrums, retrospectives and team outings
- Drive the implementation of large-scale, cross-functional features across teams
- Partner with product managers to ensure the teams' contributions align with company objectives, set realistic product release schedules
- Help grow the team through hiring, enable individual contributors to grow in their own career paths by learning new technologies and taking on increasingly challenging projects
What you'll bring to Circle
- Experience designing, building and deploying secure, scalable services
- Proven ability to work across functional, team and company boundaries, collaborate with other groups
- Track record of building and leading high performing software engineering teams
- Experience coaching software engineers in the building of large scale software services
- Technical competency with OOP languages, particularly Java, and Agile process for software development
- Experience with AWS, microservices, REST APIs and SQL Databases
- Proven ability to master new technologies and domains
- Exposure to Blockchain technologies, especially Ethereum, familiarity with smart contracts is a plus
- Strong passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Excellent communication skills
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world’s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.