Engineering Manager (BPS) at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value the diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud-based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for a Manager of Business Platform Services to help lead the team in building new, innovative solutions to expand our Business Platform Services capabilities. The Business Platform Services team at Toast provides core APIs and services on which customer experiences and business processes are built. We are at the very core of Toast, as we own the management of customers’ business data, enable the configuration of restaurants and software modules they use, and are responsible for the service which facilitates resilient communication between the Toast engineering ecosystem and Business Systems platforms such as Salesforce. In addition to the microservices we own, we also build single-page apps to administer these services.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Recruit, coach, mentor and manage a team of software engineers.
- Lead the team with the creation of our next generation Business Platform architecture.
- Drive innovation into the product roadmap and our development process, while working closely with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Collaborate with the rest of Toast’s R&D and Business Systems to build solid integrations with internal and external partners.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product and Program Management to ensure that projects are accurately tracked and reported.
- Ensure that our systems are performant, scalable, resilient and highly available.
- Champion best practices for development, deployment and quality life-cycles.
Do you have the right ingredients? (Requirements)
- Experience delivering high quality, reliable services to production.
- Experience with hiring and developing empowered teams.
- Experience working with distributed teams in different timezones.
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, Unit Testing, BDD).
- Extensive experience of integrating with third party products and applications, including Salesforce.
- Passion to solve complex problems and to build great software.
- Work with Product Leadership and product teams to define and integrate best practices and processes related to OKRs (objectives & key results), customer feature requests and internal tools
- Work directly with internal teams to iterate on product requirements & design feedback.
- Experience overseeing the process of creating project plans to track delivery timelines.
- Experience leading a team in the Agile/Scrum methodology