Engineering Manager - Air Supply at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:16 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, July 29, 2021
• University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics
• Experience building and operating large scale information systems with high performance and throughput
• Experience growing and leading multiple engineering teams
• Experience gathering business requirements, formulating metrics and building reports
• Understanding of data architecture, access patterns, relational / non-relational database concepts, data modelling and application implementations
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Spanish (required)
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Backend development experience with Scala, Java and / or Python
• Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform
• Experience in the air travel domain
• Experience with hiring and scaling teams in Latin America
About the job
We’re looking for a bilingual (English & Spanish) engineering leader to join our Air Supply team to design, scale and operate our air supplier connectivity platform and integrations, providing Hopper customers the lowest prices for their flights. You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers.
We are looking for a leader experienced in building and working with fast-growing teams, with a focus on fast time to market and operational excellence.
You have strong software, data modelling and analytical skills. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed. You’ll be the technical leader responsible for making that a reality and lead the group making that happen.
- Collaborate closely with a fast-growing team of business stakeholders and product leaders.
- Design and develop scalable supplier integration solutions to ensure Hopper delivers the most robust and price competitive flight inventory to our millions of customers.
- Lead the team responsible for building supply platforms, partner integrations, and tools that make our marketplace more competitive and more efficient for our customers.
- Ensure a highly available and resilient system and foster a culture of operational excellence
- Coach managers and individual contributors and grow them as leaders and technologists.
- Take an active role in organizational design, recruitment and process improvements.
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers
- Champion the Hopper Leadership Principles
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description