Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Core Systems Team is looking for an Engineering Co-op! This team manages everything from the operating system down which includes: server/instance provisioning, network, storage, hardware (for on-prem locations), etc. We use the infrastructure as code model as much as we can with tools like Terraform, Chef, Packer, and Ansible.
This is a full-time, paid, Spring 2022 Co-op position. Only students currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program will be considered. Must be eligible to work 40 hours a week from January 2022 - June 2022.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate core infrastructure in collaboration with support and build/delivery teams
- Move towards 100% infrastructure as code using software and automation to repeatably instantiate resources and perform all lifecycle operations
Who You Are:
- Curiosity and a strong desire to innovate
- Hands-on Linux experience
- Familiarity with scripting in either Ruby, Python, or shell
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines, configuration management, and infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with classic virtualization platforms, cloud virtualization, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with the deployment and operation of Java web applications
- Familiarity with IP network routing, DNS, load balancing, and firewalls
- At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.