Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never hear of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you. We set a high bar, but if working with the best and brightest, at the epicenter of a transformational technology wave, consider Interactions.
The DevOps Engineer works side by side with development and operations teams. You will be primarily responsible for designing, implementing, automate the build, release, and deploy pipelines. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for bridging the gap between development, operations, and infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop tools and scripts to automate deployment tasks and improve efficiency of operational tasks, practices, and procedures
- Implement monitoring processes, design/build/deploy monitoring dashboards
- Build and support system automation, deployment, and continuous integration tools.
- Design, implement and maintain all AWS infrastructure and operational services plus VMware data center hosted environments.
- Help to maintain and monitor production environments
- Own AWS Infrastructure, automation and support
- Own production deployment in multiple AWS/VMware environments
- Create and provide best practices to the organization for DevOps, builds, CI/CD, and infrastructure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience supporting deployments and builds in a 24/7 SaaS environment
- Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables)
- 5+ years working in Linux environments (CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu preferred)
- 3+ years scripting languages with at least one of the following: Bash, Python Perl
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins
- AWS experience using CLI, CloudFormation, ECS, EC2, RDS, Route53, SES, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, IAM, EFS, ElastiCache/Search, Lamba, CloudFront and others
- Experience / knowledge deploying enterprise-grade applications running in the Java eco- system/environment
- Experience administering Databases (Postgres preferred)
- Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other configuration management tools
- Experience working with Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, or AWS ECS.
- Experience/knowledge of networking principles/routing/subnets
- Knowledge of Cloud best practices, operations and security
- Experience/knowledge in a 24/7/365, low latency, high transaction environments. Similar environments are trading, auction, or Ad-Tech.