Embedded Systems Engineer at Aurora Flight Sciences
Primary responsibilities will include developing embedded software and avionics hardware for small flying robotic aircraft. Ideal candidate has experience programming OS applications as well as embedded processors. Prior programming experience required with preference to candidates with C/C++, Java and Linux experience. Candidate must be knowledgeable on common embedded communication buses such as I2C, CAN, Serial and SPI.
- Work independently or as a team member to design, build, test and troubleshoot hardware and software for autonomous vehicles. This could include autopilot, BLDC motor control, battery charging circuits, or radio communications.
- Program OS applications as well as embedded processors
- Program embedded (C/C++) applications and device drivers (I2C, CAN, SPI, ADC) for ARM core processors running small footprint, Linux-based operating systems.
- Define, analyze and review software requirements to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning, design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
- Write test plans and test cases, conduct unit integration and system-level testing.
- Support flight-test operations
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering with 5+ years of experience with embedded systems development.
- Knowledge of C++, Java, Matlab, and/or Simulink is required.
- Knowledge of common embedded communication buses such as I2C, CAN, Serial and SPI is required.
- Programming experience required with preference to candidates with C/C++, Java and Linux experience
- Experience debugging and prototyping PCBs is required. Some experience with PCB Design, schematic capture and layout, component selection and analog and digital logic design is desired.
- Experience having implemented digital filters (ex. EKF, FIR, FFT and/or IIR) preferred.
- Experience with Altium Designer is a plus.
- Recent (last 12 months) demonstrated ability to develop (i.e. model or write) production software
- Demonstrated ability to crimp, bolt, and solder intricate connectors to secure components in place
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or legal US permanent resident.