Electro-Mechanical Engineer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
A 3D printer is a complex interconnected electro-mechanical device comprised of dozens of subsystems. We’re looking for someone to help develop electro-mechanical systems for groundbreaking professional 3D printers, while helping increase cost-efficiency, precision, and accessibility.
Using a deep understanding of machine design, you will be part of a mechanical engineering team to research, develop, test, and design systems for mass production. Previous projects for this role have included: linear motion stages, optical systems for aiming lasers, cartridge and resin dispense systems, precisely locating replaceable consumable components and many more.
If you are passionate about designing and developing complex electro-mechanical systems, we want you as our Electro-Mechanical Engineer.
- Research, develop and produce numerous electro-mechanical systems
- Get into the nitty gritty details of problems to develop cost-efficient, clever solutions
- Integrate mechanical, software and electrical systems to work together reliably
- Ensure designs fulfill objectives, and refine designs for manufacturability
- 3+ years experience designing electro-mechanical systems
- An understanding of mechanical motions, materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience working with a wide variety of engineering materials
- Experience in designing for manufacture and assembly
- Able to fluently work with electrical engineers, software developers and material scientists to build a tightly integrated system
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.