Electrical Hardware Engineer at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As an Electrical Hardware Engineer, you participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new products. You’ll work in a product-oriented development environment and collaborate with suppliers and outside sources to design and deliver products through production.
We are in a very competitive field, so we need you to innovate and develop iconic computing devices for the fast-paced POS hardware field. You’ll need to have a solid electrical design background, as well as familiarity with fast-paced development lifecycles. You will be expected to work closely with cross functional teams in operations, product development, program management and hardware to define and deliver outstanding products. We empower small teams to do a lot in a fast-paced work environment.
About this roll*:
- You will design and develop electrical hardware components used within of our next generation POS devices and subsystems.
- Oversee suppliers and design partners in developing designs and electronic systems from concept to production.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to deliver world class devices.
- Develop and test electronic hardware against requirements with high accountability while managing risks and minimizing changes to the design.
- Contribute expertise to the electrical hardware selection process to meet overall product goals.
- Support reliability issues related to products that are in the field and being used by our customers.
- Diagnose electrical systems failures using established procedures or by creating new means of addressing customer technical issues.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- BS degree in electrical/computer engineering.
- Demonstrated excellence collaborating across project teams.
- 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with consumer, enterprise, and/or handheld product design.
- Strong hands on experience debugging system-level issues.
- Knowledge of embedded system design and hardware components such as: signal integrity design and validation, ARM based chipsets, touch screen display types, LCD/LED touchscreens, system power design, analog and audio components.
- Experience with 3G, 4G, Wi-fi and BT systems
- Understanding of various communication channels, including but not limited to RS232, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, I2S, and SDIO.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, waveform generators, laboratory power supplies is required.
- Ability to supervise, review, and influence PCB designs.
- Experience with data collection/analysis methodologies and tools.
- Proven track record as a hardware design engineer on projects that were successfully released.
- Expertise in all phases of systems analysis, the hardware development process and functional engineering principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical leadership skills.
- Experience with EE CAD tools for schematic design, simulation, and PCB layout review.
- Experience supporting overseas manufacturing builds.
- Knowledge of the POS industry is a plus.
- Experience with Android based devices is a plus.