Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500.
The EE team is responsible for developing firmware, designing and validating circuit boards, specifying cable harnesses, and ensuring EMC compliance for all of our products. We operate lean, iterate constantly, and have a real passion for building things. You will have the opportunity to do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best electrical, mechanical, software, and material engineers.
In this role, you will:
- Modify and improve the firmware that controls our existing products.
- Develop firmware for new products.
- Prototype and characterize new sensors, actuators, and control schemes.
- Design PCB assemblies and electro-mechanical systems.
- Collaborate effectively with our software and mechanical engineering teams.
What we look for:
- Proficiency in embedded programming; ARM, AVR, or Microchip experience preferred.
- Strong grasp of C/C++ for embedded applications.
- Ability to code comfortably in Python, or willingness to learn.
- Competency in Linux.
- Familiarity with control systems and PCB design.
- Demonstrated understanding of physics fundamentals.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- A strong portfolio of past work and personal projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent industry experience
- Verbal/Written English Communication is required
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description