Electrical / Firmware Engineer II at Markforged (Watertown, MA)
The EE team is responsible for developing firmware, designing and validating circuit boards, specifying cable harnesses, and ensuring EMC compliance for all of our products. We operate lean, iterate constantly, and have a real passion for building things. You will have the opportunity to do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best electrical, mechanical, software, and material engineers.What will you own?
- Modify and improve the firmware that controls our existing products.
- Develop firmware for new products.
- Prototype and characterize new sensors, actuators, and control schemes.
- Design PCB assemblies and electro-mechanical systems.
- Collaborate effectively with our software and mechanical engineering teams.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Proficiency in embedded programming; ARM, AVR, or Microchip experience preferred.
- Strong grasp of C/C++ for embedded applications.
- Ability to code comfortably in Python, or willingness to learn.
- Competency in Linux.
- Familiarity with control systems and PCB design.
- Demonstrated understanding of physics fundamentals.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- A strong portfolio of past work and personal projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent industry experience
- Verbal/Written English Communication is required