Electrical Engineer at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is scaling rapidly and with that growth comes exciting challenges in how we evolve our hardware devices to provide platforms that are reliable, easy to use and improve the overall experience in a restaurant. This role will be accountable, for defining and developing the electrical aspects of our hardware products and platforms.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will participate in the designing, developing and NPI of our new products. Furthermore, you will be involved with the sustaining engineering needed to support our existing products. You will collaborate with other key teams at Toast. We are all driven to make the best restaurant POS systems for our customers. You will need to develop relationships with our suppliers as well. On a given day, you might be reviewing design requirements, validating prototype devices, troubleshooting devices, and/or performing root cause analysis on a failed component.
We are expanding the hardware team and looking for electrical engineers who are innovators. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Design and develop electrical hardware components used within of our next generation POS devices and subsystems.
- Oversee suppliers and design partners in developing designs and electronic systems from concept to production.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to deliver world class devices.
- Test electronic hardware against design requirements.
- Contribute expertise to the electrical hardware selection process to meet overall product goals.
- Support reliability issues related to products that are in the field and being used by our customers.
- Diagnose electrical systems failures using established procedures or by creating new means of addressing customer technical issues.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- BS degree in electrical/computer engineering.
- Demonstrated excellent collaboration across project teams.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with consumer, enterprise, and/or handheld product design.
- Strong hands on experience debugging system-level issues.
- Knowledge of embedded system design and hardware components such as: signal integrity design and validation, ARM based chipsets, touch screen display types, LCD/LED touchscreens, system power design, analog and audio components. Knowledge of Android systems is preferred.
- Experience with 4G, Wi-fi and BT systems
- Understanding of various communication channels, including but not limited to RS232, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, I2S, and SDIO.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, waveform generators, laboratory power supplies is required.
- Ability to review, and influence PCB designs.
- Experience with data collection/analysis methodologies and tools.
- Expertise in all phases of systems analysis, the hardware development process and functional engineering principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A strong desire to learn and build your technical skills.
- Experience with EE CAD tools for schematic design, simulation, and PCB layout review.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.