Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As an Electrical Engineer, you will participate in the designing, developing and NPI of our new products. Furthermore, you will be involved with the sustaining engineering needed to support our existing products. You will collaborate with other key teams at Toast. We are all driven to make the best restaurant POS systems for our customers. You will need to develop relationships with our JDM/OEM partners as well. On a given day, you might be reviewing design requirements, validating prototype devices, troubleshooting devices, performing root cause analysis on a failed component.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Design and develop electrical hardware components used within of our next generation POS devices and subsystems.
- Oversee suppliers and design partners in developing designs and electronic systems from concept to production.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to deliver world class devices.
- Develop and test electronic hardware against requirements with high accountability while managing risks and minimizing changes to the design.
- Contribute expertise to the electrical hardware selection process to meet overall product goals.
- Support reliability issues related to products that are in the field and being used by our customers.
- Diagnose electrical systems failures using established procedures or by creating new means of addressing customer technical issues.
- BS degree in electrical/computer engineering.
- Demonstrated excellent collaboration across project teams.
- Relevant experience with consumer, enterprise, and/or handheld product design.
- Strong hands on experience debugging system-level issues.
- Knowledge of embedded system design and hardware components such as: signal integrity design and validation, ARM based chipsets, touch screen display types, LCD/LED touchscreens, system power design, analog and audio components.
- Experience with 3G, 4G, Wi-fi and BT systems
- Understanding of various communication channels, including but not limited to RS232, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, I2S, and SDIO.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, waveform generators, laboratory power supplies is required.
- Ability to review, and influence PCB designs.
- Experience with data collection/analysis methodologies and tools.
- Expertise in all phases of systems analysis, the hardware development process and functional engineering principles.
- Experience with EE CAD tools for schematic design, simulation, and PCB layout review.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required