- Become Starburst SME, maintaining product and market knowledge, and understanding how Starburst is used by customers.
- Scope, co-develop, and deliver compelling technical learning paths to internal and external audiences across various delivery channels; including live, instructor-led (ensuring content is “remote-friendly” and facilitates virtual learning), and self-paced, digital training.
- Design and implement skills assessments, which may include high-stakes certification exams, in collaboration with internal SMEs.
- Bring new content to market through material review process, alpha/beta courses, and train-the-trainer sessions as needed.
- Engage with customers, sales, internal SMEs to help position appropriate training plans, and/or identify requirements for customized deliveries.
- Liaise with Product Management and Information Engineering/Documentation teams to ensure critical new features and updates are embedded in enablement content in a timely manner.
- Support content development standards, processes, and platforms to facilitate efficiencies across the team, and organization.
- Travel up to 50% of time once it is determined safe to do so.
- Professional experience developing and delivering highly technical courseware designed to facilitate positive customer outcomes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, strong eye for design, and tireless in your efforts to improve how content is delivered to customers
- Experience with SQL, including complex workloads
- Data Warehousing/Database domain experience
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and concepts
- Track record of delivering results in fast-paced, start-up, remote work environment
The ideal candidate will have significant recent experience with:
- Data Analytics
- “Big Data” (Hadoop, HDFS, data lakes, Spark, Hive, distributed systems and storage)
- Database and Data Warehouse usage and concepts (Oracle, Teradata, Snowflake,..)
- ANSI SQL
Experience or familiarity with:
- Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift)
- Analyzing code and troubleshooting complex issues
- Unix/Linux CLI interactions
- ETL Pipeline tools
- Open Source Technologies
- Adult learning principles and curriculum design methodologies
- BI and Data Exploration Tools (Tableau, ThoughtSpot, PowerBI…)
- Authentication (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Authorization technologies
- Learning Management Systems
- Fluency in second language (English proficiency required)
- Systems integrations and APIs
- GitHub, Jira, Confluence
- Python, Java, Bash, plain text markup languages, scripting languages, XML