Director of Technology, Digital - US Remote at Vista
Powering the Vista transformation, the Technology organization has been working on a full global re-platforming, building a new modern technology stack which unlocks the ability to deliver new, more personalized products and capabilities for customers. Launched already in our smaller European markets and Australia, we've taken those learnings, continuously improved, and are now at the cusp of launching the new platform across our largest markets this year. There has never been a better time to join Vista!
In addition to the new platform, we're also passionate about creating empowered technology teams who -- in close partnership with product management and product design colleagues -- create cutting-edge, best-in-class software and experiences. We encourage our engineers to think like customers and act like owners. Every team defines their own roadmaps and uses the programming languages and technologies that suit them best. This helps us have a big impact at the enterprise level while still feeling small and nimble. It's the best of both worlds, the ability to drive real impact quickly helping small business grow and succeed, back by the experience and investment of a stable, profitable decades-old company.
We are seeking a Director of Technology for our Digital domain. In this position, you will be responsible for creating the team's technology strategy and vision, the hands-on solution architecture and people management for all digital products and services offered to small-medium size businesses globally. You will drive the partnership across product management, product design and data leaders to build and deliver these products. Relying on your expertise, you will handle the day-to-day operations and have full control over the technology organization - we're fast-paced, results-oriented, execution-focused environments. To be successful, you should be a self-starter, an excellent collaborator and motivated to deliver world-class capabilities in this domain. The role requires you to create a fine balance between travel, managing teams and being a technologist!
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement a technology roadmap that aligns with the business strategy and delivers both short-term and long-term results
- Create a structured engineering environment, mentor and develop both managers and engineers, foster a working environment where top technology talent is attracted, developed and retained.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills, the ability to understand the big picture of the codebase for complex functional areas, and to articulate a technical roadmap for future development
- Be an excellent communicator across the Vistaprint organization across product management, product design, marketing, customer care, etc.
At Vista, we value the experiences that individual team members add to our culture. Please don't hesitate to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications, we look forward to learning more about you!
- 10+ years' experience designing, developing and delivering software.
- 4+ years of recent experience in tech leadership and management experience of enterprise-scale
- Experience in leading teams that deliver website development products and services into customer facing experiences through development and integration
- Knowledge and experience in using Cloud technologies (preferably AWS) and writing Cloud Based Applications
- Experience managing and collaborating global development teams
- Fundamental computer science concept knowledge including algorithms, computer architecture, networks, security and operating systems
- Experience building highly scalable and distributed systems
Nice to Have:
- Consistent track record of leading and growing a multi-disciplinary team, identifying, developing, and retaining high-potential people
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns and their applicability
- Experience in external systems integration
- Experience in front-end development in mobile frameworks
- Web Design and experience building software
- Experience leading and managing remote teams
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Vista means that you don't see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey - and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what's next, we're always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we're capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
Vista has received numerous recognitions including a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) naming us a Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality. We also earned a place as one of the best remote-first workplaces in the U.S. and on the Boston Best Places to Work list from Built In. In addition, Vista's CEO, Robert Keane, was recently honored with Comparably's Best CEOs award, listing him among the top CEOs according to employees. Vista offers numerous support systems including Employee Resource Groups like Pride, Mosaic, and Women in Technology, and special interests communities to foster awareness, respect, and inclusion within the workplace.
In 2020, Vista adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers them to be their best. Vista also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so and when in-person collaboration will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 30 US States as well as several countries in Europe, including Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vista creates customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We are the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For more than 20 years, we have helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products and solutions that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, face masks, flyers, postcards, business cards, websites and digital marketing. With Vista, small businesses are able to create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design-templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. In 2020, Vista acquired 99designs to expand its design offering via a worldwide community of more than 150,000 talented designers to make it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love. Vista is focused on making great marketing and design accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online and on-the-go.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vista, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Merchandising, Computer Science, Product Manager, Management, Engineering, Retail, Technology, Operations