Director, Software Engineering - xtraCHEF at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The xtraCHEF by Toast product line is centered around the restaurant backoffice. Through products like the AP Automation, Inventory, procurement and bill payment, we help restaurant operators manage their food cost and improve productivity.
As Director of Engineering for xtraCHEF by Toast, you will help shape the definition & creation of a new suite of products that help restaurants improve their back of the house operations. You will influence product direction through technical insight & contribute to the technical roadmap for the evolution of the product. You will grow the skills of your teams over time. You will find creative ways to help your teams become more effective & efficient and connect your teams’ work to Toast’s broader mission. You are passionate about customer experience and will work closely with product & design counterparts to validate and deliver the customer ‘job-to-be-done’. On a given day, you might be reviewing solution designs, coordinating discussions between partner teams, and collaborating on roadmaps with architectural and product stakeholders.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Drive delivery of business outcomes across multiple teams, including planning and execution
- Collaborate closely with Strategic Business, Product Management, UX and Customer Care, to get actionable, valuable work defined for the team
- Ensure quality end-to-end delivery of software, including team ownership of monitoring and production issue remediation
- Incorporate advancements in software technology into our solutions to ensure we takemake best advantage of industry best practices.
- Define & support career development plans for your team
- Mentor and coach both new and experienced Engineering Managers & Team Leads
- Grow teams and evolve processes to meet business needs
Do you have the right ingredients? (Experience)
- Experience with hiring and developing empowered teams.
- Experience building and operating software in a SaaS environment
- Experience working with remote and overseas teams residing in multiple time zones
- A bias towards action, with the ability to balance between getting things done and making things perfect
- A proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization.
- A strong sense of empathy for customers and teammates
- A desire to build a diverse team that wins together and prioritizes customer success
*Bread puns encouraged but not required