Director, Software Engineering Bidding & Pricing Platform at Indigo
We’re an international agtech startup aspiring to revolutionize a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the people who make up our community and enable success through the diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game-changers.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering for our Bidding & Pricing Engineering organization. This org is a key contributor in driving company revenue by supporting the posting and transacting of bids and providing a set of financial features for farmers. The team supports the Pricing & Trading Desk and works closely with the technical Contracts & Trading team.
- Lead and manage high-performing managers and multiple squads of engineers against projects, clearly communicating progress and status, and foster a strong, cohesive, and inclusive culture
- Accountable and responsible for a scalable, maintainable, and secure architecture for the Bidding & Pricing Engineering organization
- Partner with other technical leaders in the organization to deliver a scalable, maintainable, and secure architecture across the Indigo tech stack
- Serve as an effective evangelist for the team, building relationships with key customer stakeholders throughout the organization
- Partner with the Product Management and Program Management teams to plan, execute, and deliver on the roadmap on a quarterly basis
- Develop recruiting strategy to attract and develop A+ technologists and leaders
- Prioritizes conflicting demands, requests/requirements from a diverse group of end-users, and is able to set expectations to a broad group of internal stakeholders
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and is able to switch focus and context quickly
- Builds trusted working relationships naturally; leads by influence as well as direct line reporting
- Strong technical background with past coding and system design experience
- Strong problem solver and can decompose problems into manageable pieces to identify the path of least resistance for getting to a resolution
- Effective team manager with experience tackling moderate-sized teams in high stakes, high-velocity environments
- Experience building complex transactional, data-driven, and high volume systems at scale
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in relevant field or related experience
- Experience building and managing mid to large-sized teams of Engineers and Engineering Managers
- Past coding experience, e.g. Java, Python, C++, etc
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Financial Trading Systems
- Hedging and Risk
- Transactional systems
- Commodity Pricing
- Experience working cross-functionally with agile software development teams
- Experience building consensus with senior leadership
- Experience working in a fast-paced, quickly pivoting environment
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed below are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list below aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan