As a Director of Software Architecture at Bullhorn, you will work closely with the VP of Architecture & DevOps to drive the Architectural best practices and lead the execution and strategy of the Architectural Roadmap.
You will be critical in coaching and mentoring new leaders in the architectural team and in leading the strategy and execution of the Architectural roadmap. For this position, we are looking for strong leadership capabilities and a solid grasp of architectural concepts and best practices.
Why this job is important
- The Architecture & DevOps team at Bullhorn is a new and rapidly growing team focused on the design and health of the products. To support that growth, we need a strong technical leader to help organize and guide the team.
- Bullhorn has an extensive collection of products that need to interact seamlessly for our Bullhorn One initiative to be a success. To do so will require the coordination of multiple architects and effective prioritization of a stability and performance backlog.
As a Director of Software Architecture, a typical day might include:
- Coaching and mentoring Architects and Development Managers on how to influence individuals within and outside of their team.
- Guiding the team in continuing to define and refine architectural principles and best practices.
- Collaborating with the VP of Architecture & DevOps on the prioritization and execution of the roadmap for stability & performance.
- Coaching Architects on how to document and communicate architectural designs and strategy
- Leading weekly team collaboration meetings.
- Collaborating with Bullhorn leadership teams in making strategic decisions on architecture strategy, team priorities, and team structure.
- Representing Bullhorn at industry conferences, symposiums, and standards bodies.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices across various teams and disciplines within Bullhorn.
This job might be for you if:
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have 10+ years of experience architecting and building software for scalable, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- You have 5+ years in a management role with a proven track record of leading effective teams, particularly with distributed teams.
- You have demonstrated success in mentoring development teams in consistent architectural best practices
- You have led Agile teams and are comfortable guiding teams toward continuously improving processes.
- You have strong experience designing architecture for Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
- You are comfortable in creating systems to gather and analyze performance metrics and log data from SaaS systems.
- You are confident in leveraging diverse database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, Indexed Search, etc.)
- You are comfortable in communicating and debating technical ideas both in writing and in person.
- You have a keen ability to create and interpret architectural design documents and specifications.
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in designing SaaS systems for fault tolerance and high availability, including the systems that monitor and alert for issues.
- Experience architecting and monitoring event-driven architectures.
- Expertise in application containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Deep experience with software design and delivery on cloud platforms (like AWS) with an understanding of economic and business models for software in the cloud.
At Bullhorn, we take our culture seriously and strive to ensure everyone has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path for success. We are looking for leaders to help promote that mentality across the organization.
Our offices offer a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in breakfasts and lunches along with monthly “First Thursday” social events. Bullhorn offers unlimited vacation, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
You might be a fit for Bullhorn if:
- You are energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You are confident and love sharing success with your team
- You take ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement.