Klaviyo is growing rapidly and profitably. Our platform handles billions of events and consists of multiple building blocks that can be combined and reused to deliver outstanding value for customers. Our hypergrowth opens up many interesting opportunities to excel and grow - from scaling to 10X the previous year workload, to being part of internal start-ups that seek to explore markets that our technology can help, to being part of a team that is constantly reinventing themselves to continue to deliver customer value faster even as we continue to grow in size.
The Director of Services Engineering, reporting directly to the CTO, the Director of Services Engineering will be responsible for:
- The teams that make our internal organizations (e.g. Sales Engineering, Success Engineering) work better and more efficiently through engineering solutions and practices
- A new focus area for Klaviyo - creating an external API/Marketplace to enable third party developers to build on top of Klaviyo’s platform.
We believe that most problems that our internal customers have are best tackled with an engineering mindset that allows us to use the same building blocks and mindset we use in the solutions for our external customers - automation, data insights, AI/ML.
We believe that we can enable our customers and third party developers to build great solutions that extend our platform through delivering both an API as a product as well as a marketplace that allows them to sell their solution to the other customers in the Klaviyo ecosystem.
A significant part of this role is also to make sure we provide the best experience for our customers and developers in their interactions with Klaviyo. You will manage teams that are in close contact with customers and prospects, and will have the opportunity to envision how to make those interactions the best experience imaginable for them.
How you’ll make a difference
- You will help define and own the execution of a vision that enables third party developers to build applications on top of Klaviyo’s platform.
- You will help define and own the execution of a vision that reimagines how our internal orgs scale with technology as we continue our hyper growth story.
- You will have deep empathy for our customers' needs and will lead the charge on keeping all of Engineering close to customers.
- You will co-own Klaviyo's engineering brand and continue to expand your teams with great talent
Who you are
- Experienced in working with internal stakeholders and understanding their needs and how to solve them with technology.
- Experienced with managing APIs for third party developers
- Deep passion in working with customers to solve their needs and represent their points of view to the rest of the engineering org
- Experienced with build vs. buy decisions
- Experienced managing and growing first class engineering teams
- Super technical and can hold your own in any discussions related to software stacks and engineering practices.