Director, Quality Engineering at Bevi
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 10x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are seeking a Director, Quality Engineering to join Bevi’s Manufacturing and Quality team. In this role you will lead Bevi’s Quality group. You will be responsible for creating and managing the company's Quality Management Systems, Design Quality of new products and Manufacturing Quality. In this role you will lead root cause analysis, the corrective action process, data analysis and producing quality reports. You will drive continuous improvement and field reliability initiatives, be the “voice of the customer”. This position reports to the Vice President, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality.
As the Director, Quality Engineering at Bevi, you will:
- Identify, compile, and present companywide Quality and process improvement KPI’s
- Build and develop the Quality Team
- Own and lead troubleshooting customers’ problems while providing solutions leading to improved product Quality and customer satisfaction
- Analyze KPI’s and improve the Quality of Bevi’s machines and consumables based on these KPI’s and data analysis.
- Responsible for the Quality of new development products by developing Master Test Plans
- Responsible for testing of new development products during Design Validation and Pilot build phases at Bevi and at the Manufacturing facility.
- Review and provide Quality Control feedback to the manufacturer
- Collect and analyze field data and provide reports to the Bevi’s organization
- Lead Quality Management Meetings
- Collaborate with the Technical Support team, Quality and Engineering to provide product Quality improvement to the field.
- Monitor manufacturing procedures ensuring processes are up to date, efficient, and reliable
Issue Corrective Actions to the Suppliers for Quality improvements
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Sales concerning customer Quality issues with the required sense of urgency applicable to the situation
- Lead and support the completion and presentation of Logic Supply Quality survey requests from the customer
A Quality leader who will help lead the team in driving Quality process improvements at Bevi. You thrive in a fast-growing startup environment. You are a person who enjoys leading and developing Quality teams, but at the same time, you are hands-on and work in the lab, improving the product and building test fixtures. You understand the strategic direction, being able to present an executive vision of Quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control or related experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience leading complicated projects effectively
- Commitment to Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation Skills
- Preferred: Lean Manufacturing Process and Value Stream mapping
- Preferred: Lean Six Sigma training and/or certificate
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!