We're investing to accelerate our momentum and extend our market leadership and we're looking to grow our Americas Sales and Solution Architect team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun and are looking for team members that share similar motivations.
As a Director Pre Sales Engineering, you will lead a team of Field Pre sales engineers responsible for engaging with the largest enterprise customers and prospects across various industry segments. You will be responsible for partnering with our Sales leaders and Field Strategic account executives to show the value of the Mendix platform to our prospects and customer base nationally:
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Providing product presentations and demonstrations (both online and onsite)
- Acting as a Player/coach to our Field Pre sales team spread across the nation.
- Building process and infrastructure that supports the scalability of our pre sales team as it grows
- Running technical deep dive and architecture sessions with customers and partners
- Facilitating workshops with customers to understand their application portfolio and find the best places for them to apply the Mendix Platform
- Executing Proof of Concepts with customers
- Advising prospects and customers on the use of the Mendix Platform in their environment
- Supporting Global Marketing team in analyst briefings (Forrester, Gartner, IDC, etc)
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- Well versed in complex application architecture, comparing and contrasting technologies against middleware, BPM, SOA, 4GL, etc
- Good understanding of the aPaaS/PasS and cloud market spaceBetween 10- 15 years of work experience with a minimum of 4 years of relevant pre-sales engineering experience
- 2 plus years of hands on people management/leadership experience
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and an ability to help customers find the right solution (not the obvious/easy one)
- Experience / training in solution selling and or Sandler
- Experience with Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum
- Must be able to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience in conducting workshops, training and consulting engagements
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Java, XML, SOAP, SQL
- (Technical) Bachelor/Msc degree. (MIS, CS, etc.)
- Comfortable presenting in front of C-level executives
IT and Business leaders have a problem. The imbalance between the business’ application requirements and IT’s ability to meet their needs is so great they have to take a different approach. They must collaborate. They must be agile. They must empower the business to participate in its own rescue. Said differently, they need help transforming their enterprise into a high performance provider of solutions, and Mendix[EE1] has the people, domain expertise and technology platform to bring the groups together for success.
Do you consider yourself a solutions based sales engineering leader? Are you maniacal focused on helping customers achieve meaningful business outcomes through our technology? Are you best of breed? If you are all these things, how would you like to sell the leading Gartner MQ and Forrester Wave solution in a red-hot market expected to exceed $15 billion by 2020? Mendix provides a platform and approach that helps enterprises innovate and digitally transform their businesses and industries. Nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications to delight their customers and empower their employees.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally.