Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be a part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters - committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1300 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You are a strong and passionate technology leader with experience in scaling companies. You’re a natural leader who can drive results and build a culture of engineering rigor that promotes better overall engineering products with less downtime and refactoring. You drive vision and purpose by cultivating innovation that supports the company’s existing and new business goals. You thrive in an environment with complexity and ambiguity, have strong cross-functional communication, and can partner with various teams, both internally and externally, to deliver top-notch technology solutions and products. Furthermore, you are passionate about building a platform that drives top line revenue growth, conversion, loyalty and overall satisfaction.
What the role is
Drizly supports our retailer partners in helping consumers discover, buy, and deliver alcoholic beverages.
The Director of Engineering, Retailer Technologies is responsible for guiding the technical direction of the retailer engineering team. You will be an integral part in managing the roadmap while collaborating with Drizly internal partners and Drizly retailers to simplify the business processes and tools we provide retailers to work with us. This person must have experience in developing applications, APIs that support applications, and working with third party teams building on top of these APIs. This person will manage the software development for the retailer technology program, including timelines, scope, technical requirements, and resource allocation to ensure on-time, high quality delivery of the retailer technologies.
In this role you will:
- Deliver systems, services, product features across multiple platforms that will have immediate impact on our retailer customers
- Understand their retailers technical needs, and deliver these in applications or APIs as required
- Have demonstrated competence in gathering requirements, resolving features and APIs, writing specifications, managing a backlog, and communicating effectively on the state of the roadmap
- Have experience decomposing monolithic applications into services
- Help the team to adopt containers, container orchestration, and DevOps practices
- Lead and participate in critical technical and product discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Create industry shifting roadmaps and sprint plans that deliver against stakeholder requirements
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, business, and partner teams to deliver on a global retailer strategy
- Demonstrate proficiency in delivering data driven prioritization of features, services, and platforms
- Be able to work with stakeholders to define and set SLIs and SLOs, and hold engineering teams accountable to SLOs and delivery
- Lead a team of engineers against a challenging roadmap
- Create an environment in which engineers are happy to be on the team and look forward to coming into work
The Other Stuff:
- Base salary range: $161,000 - $295,000 depending on location plus bonus
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.