Director, Engineering Operations
Greater Boston Area
SessionM is a customer engagement platform empowering the world’s most innovative brands to forge stronger and more profitable customer relationships. We are headquartered in Boston with offices in Asia and Europe, and at this time are searching for an experienced engineering operations leader. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level manager to come on board and develop and drive operational initiatives across our growing global team!
What are we looking for?
- 10+ years of software industry experience, ideally coming from an enterprise SaaS background, with 5+ years leading engineering operations (or departments that were responsible for engineering operations across the enterprise)
- Results oriented. You are most comfortable in work environments which are outcome-oriented and are highly motivated by goal accomplishment.
- Receptive to change. You are flexible, adaptable, innovative, and open in response to competitive pressure and market change.
- A collaborative thinker. You enjoy an environment that has been structured for collaboration and interdependence, drawing on strong functional areas to build your business.
- A systems thinker. You intuitively understand interdependencies, ask follow-up questions, and drive to solutions that balance the success of initiatives across revenue, quality, brand, and cost goals.
What you will be working on:
- As part of this role, you will define, structure, and execute operational initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing actionable recommendations including presenting these findings to executive management
- Develop standard team-based metrics and associated reporting reporting required to analyze and improve engineering team performance
- Define, implement and enforce execution of the software development lifecycle and product release processes and standards.
- Develop and implement regular cadence for executive review of product and engineering priorities
- Develop standard processes for allocating resources to business priorities
- Develop and use balanced scorecard and prioritization frameworks to help evaluate, compare and rank engineering investment opportunities.
- Partner with PM and Eng in consolidation of and impact modeling for all core platform, function specific (i.e. marketing, ops), and infrastructure opportunities and initiatives.
- Ensure centralized resourcing documentation is maintained and accurate to provide visibility into who is working on what and enable effective and efficient executive decision-making.
- Drive strategic lookbacks (comparing actual vs. expected on ROI, results delivered, engineering estimates, investment allocation) as part our QBR process in order to assess effectiveness of roadmap planning and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop a company-wide emphasis on operational excellence based on a strong foundation of merit-based priorities and metric-driven outcome measurement.
What can you expect from us?
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- A management team that empowers people
- Competitive compensation based on experience level
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare HMO & PPO
- Stock options and 401k
- Flexible Spending and Transit Reimbursement Accounts
Read Full Job Description