Director Of Engineering, Marketing Systems at Chewy
Chewy’s mission is to empower pet parents to make smarter decisions about products for their pets. We do that by making the industry transparent through artificial intelligence and data. As a part of that mission, the Marketing Engineering team builds platforms to serve content to the website, maintains ever growing digital assets, maintains SEO compatibility and powers several content sites. The Marketing engineering teams are responsible for building highly scalable platforms catered to support Chewy’s rapid growth.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the VP of Software Engineering, the Director of Marketing Systems will lead the engineering platforms with key focus on Content Management, Customer Segmentation, Digital Asset Management and SEO. The team is also responsible for building high performing API’s to identify audience in real time and serve the right marketing content to them.
What you'll do:
- Build a scalable CMS platform that can power millions of hits per day that is extremely fault tolerant and performs at ecommerce scale.
- Build a powerful and highly scalable content delivery API that will enable marketing teams to target customers with right messaging.
- Build and maintain variety of content sites including PetMD.com and PetCentral.com.
- Implement a Digital Asset Management system to house and deliver various digital assets developed by internal and external designers.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional software engineers, quality engineers, technical product managers and Software delivery managers.
- Work with product management, product development, operations, marketers, and other internal stakeholders to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision, and prioritize efforts.
- Ensure timely and consistent communication to facilitate a clear understanding of ongoing projects, and their prioritization within the organization
- Manage an active research agenda aimed at generating innovations to solve business needs and technical challenges (including outside research)
- Integrate research into a technical roadmap for product development.
- Iterate quickly with an agile development process.
- Create a dynamic, collaborative and fun team environment.
- Engage team in conferences and external activities that facilitate staying abreast of the latest cutting-edge technologies and approaches.
What you'll need:
- A thought leader. You can think ahead and build scalable platforms for the future. You can communicate and command the respect of executives and developers.
- 6+ years’ of experience with managing people. Strong leadership skills. You can motivate and grow your people. You can inspire people to go above and beyond.
- 3+ years of experience with managing CMS Platforms
- 15+ years of technology work experience
- Experience building highly scalable applications that can meet growing business needs
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
- Strong programming language experience in any of the following languages Java, Python or C#
- Advanced Degree (MS or MBA) in Computer Science/Marketing/ Economics/ Business Administration or other related field.
- Experience presenting to C-Suite
- Position may require some travel
- Strong engineering background building Products that are ecommerce scale
- Prior roles in Ecommerce or in technology companies
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]