Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be a part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters - committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1300 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You are a strong and passionate technology leader with experience in scaling companies. You’re a natural leader who can drive results and build a culture of engineering rigor that promotes better overall engineering products with less downtime and refactoring. You drive vision and purpose by cultivating innovation that supports the company’s existing and new business goals. You thrive in an environment with complexity and ambiguity, have strong cross-functional communication, and can partner with various teams, both internally and externally, to deliver top-notch technology solutions and products. Furthermore, you are passionate about building a platform that drives top line revenue growth, conversion, loyalty and overall satisfaction.
What the role is
Drizly’s infrastructure plays a critical role in the service and availability of our platform, which allows us to focus on improving the ways in which customers discover, buy and deliver alcohol from our retail partners.
The Director of Engineering, Infrastructure is responsible for overseeing the infrastructure of our platform, ensuring Drizly’s platform is secure, reliable, and performant as Drizly continues to grow. This individual will work with other engineering teams to help them focus on delivering roadmaps of value to end consumers by building highly reliable infrastructure as a foundation. This person must have experience managing large, complex systems at scale, and navigating the challenges of transitioning from late stage startup to an enterprise company, including large scale migrations such as breaking apart monolithic architectures into services and VM based architecture into containers.
In this role you will:
- Work with engineering teams to provide highly available services within the Drizly platform that will deliver value to our customers and retailers
- Increase the resiliency and stability of Drizly’s infrastructure and services
- Introduce layers of fault tolerance and redundancy to improve Drizly’s infrastructure
- Have experience decomposing monolithic applications into services
- Migrate our infrastructure to containers, container management and orchestration
- Lead and participate in technical and architecture discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Have demonstrated competence in gathering requirements, determining features and APIs, writing specifications, managing a backlog, and communicating effectively on the state of the roadmap
- Automate installation, upgrade and monitoring of applications, servers and infrastructure
- Have experience in managing relational databases in production
- Understand web applications, APIs, and underlying technologies
- Evaluate, propose, integrate and manage external infrastructure vendors
- Implement, train and influence the broader engineering team in DevOps culture and best practices
- Create an environment in which engineers are happy to be on the team and look forward to coming into work
The Other Stuff:
- Base salary range: $161,000 - $295,000 depending on location plus bonus
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.