At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
We’re looking for a customer obsessed individual to join our Technology team to architect, design and build robust features that directly impact Hopper. You’ll work with a highly skilled and motivated crew of technical and product-focused individuals, intent on delivering the best experience possible for those who use our product. Your efforts and expertise will frame and solve some of the most challenging problems in mobile commerce at a scale and complexity that few organizations can match.
You have strong software, data modeling and analytical skills. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed. You’ll be the technical leader responsible for making that a reality and lead the group making that happen.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Work with business stakeholders and product teams
- Manage a team to design and develop platforms, features and tools designed to streamline our customer experience and make our product more of a delight to use.
- Collaborate closely with our product leaders, as well as other groups inside of Hopper
- Establish, maintain and document high data quality standards.
- Architect, design and develop robust, scalable solutions to service millions of customers.
- Coach managers and individual contributors and grow them as leaders and technologists
- Take an active role in organizational design, recruitment and process improvements
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers
- Champion the Hopper Leadership Principles
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics
- Experience building large scale solutions with high performance and throughput
- Experience gathering business requirements, formulating metrics and building reports
- Understanding of data architecture, access patterns, relational / non-relational database concepts, data modeling and application implementations
- Backend development experience with Scala, Java and / or Python
- Frontend native app development in Swift/Kotlin
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in travel
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, variable compensation and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Read Full Job Description