Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for an experienced leader to inspire and manage the Business Systems team responsible for developing operations infrastructure and next generation enterprise technology. You will work closely with the Centralized Operations team as they define operations strategy and roadmap. You will collaborate with peer R&D technology leaders, bridging the gap between the operational side of the business and the core product. You will transform the team’s effectiveness, leading the adoption of process, technology, and tooling best practices. This is a highly visible role, strategic to the business, with significant impact to the end-to-end Toast customer experience.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Manage a talented group of managers, architects, engineers, and application admins developing systems that support corporate strategy and key operational workflows.
- Partner with the Centralized Operations team developing an operations strategy and roadmap, influencing direction through technical insights
- Drive transformational change in the effectiveness of the Business Systems team through adoption of engineering best practices. Collaborate with peer R&D leaders, bridging the gap between processes in Business Systems and core product teams
- Coach and mentor the Business Systems team, including established team managers, as they develop expertise and grow their careers at Toast
- Manage relationships with vendors, technology partners and contract providers to ensure service delivery excellence
- Recognize and identify areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion
- Create and manage the Business Systems budget and provide input in the administration of related budgets
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years of Technical Management experience, with a focus on Business Processes, Enterprise Application Management and integration with SaaS systems
- Proven team leadership/coaching/mentoring a team of 20 or more, with strong emphasis on managing managers
- Evidence of enabling high-performing teams, through Agile methodologies, automation best practices, learning and continuous improvement
- Experience designing and owning a complex Salesforce.com instance with high corporate adoption
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude with a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization
- Experience with CRM required
- Experience with SalesForce CRM or NetSuite ERP is preferred
- Prior experience with eCommerce implementation is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required