Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech’s run clinical trials and get medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva’s enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere’ company, so you can connect with teams in our new office at 100 Summer Street in Boston while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
Veeva Vault is a leading cloud document and data management platform supporting multiple Vault applications for life sciences. We are looking for multiple Directors of Engineering to lead and recruit development teams focused on the Clinical or Quality and Manufacturing space. The teams will build world-class products to allow customers to securely manage content and help visualize and streamline complex business processes for the biggest names in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
In this role, you will build and grow a team of engineers and drive the execution and delivery for critical areas of the product that includes Clinical Trials or Lab informatics. Join us in building and shaping our new engineering teams in Boston as we build products and technology to transform our customers
What You’ll Do
- Drive the execution and delivery of product features by collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Lead key engineering initiatives to improve overall engineering effectiveness and productivity
- Iteratively define and refine development processes and engineering best practices as teams grow
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing software engineers and managers.
- Work in an agile, small team environment with a focus on speed and quality
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- 10+ years developing commercial software in Java
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience using an Agile development process
- 3+ years of experience managing two or more engineering teams, including second-line management experience
- Current hands-on development experience and knowledge on open-source Java Stack (Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Junit, Tomcat, Linux, etc.).
- Experience with frontend technologies (e.g., Angular, React) is a plus, and working with User Experience and Product teams to build great user interfaces
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice.
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.