DevSecOps Engineer at DataRobot
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will partner with the larger engineering organization to design, implement, and configure real-time security controls to protect physical and information assets. You will deepen your knowledge of application security concepts as you perform thorough data sanitization or learn the internals of AES encryption. With our strong security-conscious culture, you will frequently face security challenges that will require you to balance the practical needs of the business with strong security controls.
Strong candidates will have experience in governance, risk, and compliance strategies, but will have a preference toward the technical details. They will be comfortable with at least one scripting language and have proficiency in cloud infrastructure management on platforms such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
- Deploy and manage security tools to cloud infrastructure platforms such as Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure as highly-available services.
- Complement compliance team efforts with technical feedback and support
- Operate in an architecture and/or evangelist capacity to inform network, host-level, and application development strategies
- Design and implement technical security measures to support policies and prove compliance.
- Collect security-related metrics and increase security visibility across the organization
- Contribute to a "shift-left" paradigm adoption by strategically introducing security testing mechanisms into our CI/CD pipelines (SAST, DAST, RASP, and/or IAST)
- Support SDLC/OSS compliance system based on automated scanning and categorization
- Identify appropriate IPS/IDS tooling and install/configure accordingly
- Assist in the mitigation of DDOS, brute-force, or MiTM attack vectors
- Standardize compliance-related logging using a SIEM or other mechanism
- Teach and share knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and/or SANS Top 25
- Contribute to IdP/SSO/endpoint management efforts
- Experienced in Cloud Operations or Security Operations
- Experienced in Configuration management (Chef, Ansible, Puppet) and Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform, Cloudformation, Azure Resource Manager or Kubernetes)
- Eager to engage in a role that demands software engineering skills and the ability to consistently execute on solutions
- Love building relationships with teammates across multiple functional business units
- incident response experience; bonus if they include executive-level engagement
- Always consider impact to business operations when identifying and implementing new security processes
- Willingly navigate ambiguity with humility and understanding
- You have several years of experience with at least one scripting language and feel at home operating a terminal emulator and in Linux environments
- You have firsthand experience deploying web services to AWS (or other cloud service provider)
- Bonus points for working knowledge of Python, PostgresSQL, Mongo, Ansible, Docker, Route53, ECS, and/or Lambda
- Background in PCI, GDPR, NIST, or ISO compliance is a plus