DevOps Team Lead at Agero + Swoop
The Lead DevOps Engineer oversees and leads the activities of the Senior DevOps Engineers. This position is responsible for the automation of all manual tasks for the building and deployment of both code and data in order to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment frameworks.
- Consults with management to analyze needs for information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and discuss solutions.
- Leads and directs DevOps projects and activities. Assigns and prioritizes work to staff and provides updates and reports to management
- Acts as a liaison between application development and different infrastructure teams
- Drives troubleshooting across multiple applications and establishes requirements to create runbooks for outage events with the necessary escalation paths established.
- Responsible for developing team, through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring.
- Oversees and directs multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Recommends and develops plans for DevOps, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing.
- Develops, implements, and monitors DevOps policies and controls.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5 years of DevOps experience
- 2 years of software development experience in Ruby on Rails
- 3 Experience architecting CI/CD pipelines
- 5 years supporting Production environments
- 2 years running Terraform in production
- 5 years working with AWS architecture
- 2 years working with GCP architecture
- Experience using Datadog, New Relic & others for monitoring.
- Experience in working with AWS and GCP constructs (PaaS, SaaS or IaaS).
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Kanban.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and rapidly develop proficiency in new skills
- Proven experience in team building, collaboration, coaching, and mentoring.
- Prior experience in using cloud APIs to improve monitoring of system performance and stability a plus.
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- Working experience in cloud computing, PaaS, IaaS, and related areas are highly desirable
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Linux OS
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Automation and Problem solving skills and ability to follow through to completion
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with all levels of management and staff
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.